Friday 25 April 2008

Leaving the Ashrams

I have a flight out of India on 28 April and most of us were leaving Phool Chatti a couple of days after the course, so we had a goodbye lunch party in Laxman Jhoola which consisted of drinking frozen mint slush Limonata, eating pizza and an excellent dessert called 'hello to the queeen' which was basically ice cream, chocolate, fruit, chocolate bars and biscuit.

I'll miss the suspension bridge with the daily monkey and cow surprises!

I also bumped into a few friends from Yoga Nikitan including a lovely Japanese girl I fell in love with (and should have got a photo of!) called Chisako who is less than 5ft tall, bounces up and down squeaking whenever she sees me and dresses like a beanie baby.

I am truly sad to leave the Ashram life, our sunset temple rutuals ending in us chanting sanskrit songs to Shiva, all the great friends I've had the good fortune to spend time with, the closeness to nature and amazing life of the Ganga and have now headed back to Agra to see the Taj before returning to my friends at Orchid Retreat for the last couple of days.

No comments: