Tuesday 5 February 2008

India 3 - Pushkar

Well so much for that! No music, chanting or drum beating tonight… just a quiet dinner by my lonesome in a rooftop restaurant overlooking the lake.


Earlier today I climbed the hill to go to one of Brahma’s wives’ temples. Great view from the top and a nice cup of masala chai and some pretty birds to watch.



I also visited the Brahma Temple, over 1,000 years old and quite frankly made me feel a bit creepy. Don’t know why, just that there were so many little rooms with statues and the main one - with a statue of Brahma had huge, glassy dark eyes.


I finally caved into the street kids this morning and bought them a gourmet burger breakfast.


On to Jodhpur tomorrow for a couple of days, to see the ‘Blue City and possibly Osian, which has the earliest group of Jain and Hindu temples.

No comments: