Wednesday 19 December 2007

Brighton 5

4 days to go and I will be on my way to Barbados with Oli. I had to go to the Indian Consulate in London to get our visas this morning and was totally unprepared for it. I have been on the website and read all the notes but still managed to behave like a retard. First of all, I didn’t know you had to be in a queue between the hours of 8.30am and 10.30am to get a number, to get into the consulate, to provide your applications. Secondly I didn’t realise the queue would have approximately five hundred people in it. Finally I had a totally blond moment and turned up without any cash to pay for the visas - I think I must have thought I was at the visa supermarket and could pay by switch or something. Anyway, I was saved by Yvonne, who I got talking to in the queue and we spent most of the day together.

Coincidence - Yvonne has a flat in the West End of Glasgow she lets out and will be staying with friends on Fergus Drive (where I live) for New Year! She currently lives in South Carolina and works for Christian Aid as a project manager for their many different causes. She said her best job to date was working in Addis Ababa a few years ago where she set up a project and worked with prostitutes to get them out of that particular business. Interesting eh?

No comments: